Consult with a Real Estate Professional
Are you selling your home without consulting a professional? Think again!
Selling without an agent may:
- Limit the exposure of your listing to interested buyers.
- Cause your property to stay on the market too long without getting offers.
- Force you to sell at a price below market value.
- Leave you open to liability, if you do not take the proper precautions and have an indepth understanding of the contracts, inspections, and procedures involved.
Here are some questions to ask yourself:
- Are you pricing your home correctly? Do you know what your home is worth?
- Can you showcase your home on the Internet with the latest technology and marketing tools like virtual tours, panoramic pictures, and open homes?
- Can you discern who is serious about buying your home vs. just looking around?
- Are you knowledgeable about the legal, contractual, and procedural components involved in real estate transactions?
- Do you have the time to arrange appointments and tours for the buyer?
- If you are not choosing an agent, you will have to be selective in choosing a buyer, skilled in negotiating the price, inspecting it to avoid problems and gather complete information for an effective close.
Is commission an issue?
Many sellers feel that they can save the real estate agent’s commission by marketing and selling
the property themselves. Pause to consider the following:
- The agent’s experience and advice on how to showcase and “stage” your home in preparation for sale will earn you more than the price of the commission by commanding a higher selling price.
- The agent’s ability to market your listing on the Internet and to their personal network can get you a suitable sale that could save you considerable time on the market.
- If your home doesn’t sell, are you prepared to keep it?
- How long will it take you to acquire the legal, contractual, and procedural knowledge of an experienced agent?
- If you don’t have this knowledge, how much will your potential mistakes cost you in terms of liabilities, lawsuits, and future contingencies with the property?
By hiring a specialist, you will save time to focus on the things you do best and spare yourself
the possible anxiety, frustration, and regrets of attempting to sell without the necessary
knowledge and professional tools to do an outstanding job.
All information in this report is deemed reliable, but not guaranteed.
© 2009 PropertyMinder, Inc. www.propertyminder.com